HIRING: Senior Web Developer
ABOUT THE POSITION
FIREANT STUDIO is looking for a Web Developer to join our team of high-skilled developers in building custom, award-winning websites and digital solutions. You will have an opportunity to build web experiences across a myriad of industries, providing unique challenges and opportunities for creative problem solving and advanced programming concepts to build high-quality, dynamic websites. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated strong technical and problem-solving skills, a passion for technology and strong leadership qualities.
This is a full-time, in-office or full-telecommute opportunity. We leverage all the great tools on the web to get work done, and done well. The position offers excellent work life balance with exciting opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
- Translate custom designs into functional, responsive, cross browser compatible web experiences within WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Lead large-scale development projects including planning and estimates, coordinating with project teams and executing with limited guidance
- Participate in and facilitate growth within our web development team to build flexible, scalable, and maintainable websites and solutions
- Provide strategic insights and reviews of design solutions prior to development
- Handle version control (Git) and continuous integration deployments of code between development, staging, and production environments
- Participate in code reviews to instill the highest of code quality, ensure best practices, and own the continuous improvement of yourself and the team
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and innovations in development
- Implement best practices for semantic markup and execution of browser code execution within our applications in order to support SEO and site performance metrics
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 5+ years experience as a Web Developer in a professional work environment
- Strong knowledge of the web, interactive design/development process and integrated server technologies
- Proven organizational skills and relentless attention to detail
- Expert in WordPress : creating custom workflows, themes, plugins
- Highly Proficient with Advanced Custom Fields Plugin
- Able to create Gutenberg blocks with React
- Ability to work with REST APIs, Ajax and JSON
- Ability to develop responsive websites with a mobile-first approach
- Strong computer science fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming)
- A track record of writing code that is clean, understandable, cross browser and cross device compatible
- Server config, website debugging experience a plus
- Professional level knowledge of industry standard design software and tools pertaining to development usage such as inspecting designs, saving assets, etc.
- Multitasking & Time Management skills a must
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Highly communicative with the ability to coordinate between account and development teams
- Able to work independently
- Experienced with communicating with clients directly
- Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
- A team player in a collaborative environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to be a self-starter & Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and improve skills
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Experience working in Sketch a *plus
COMPENSATION / CULTURE / PERKS:
- Competitive annual salary based on skills and experience
- Benefits (summary): Health assistance, 2 weeks paid vacation per year, paid holidays, flexible PTO!
- A team that is a true “work family” that has fun together at agency outings, lunches, remote / virtual gatherings
- Work from home or our office (your choice) in Denver, CO
- Professional development planning, coaching and mentoring program for every team member
About FIREANT STUDIO:
FIREANT STUDIO is a boutique interactive agency that delivers high-end interactive solutions for a variety of clients and industries. We are comprised of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate their online brands and engagements by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients across a myriad of industries from hi-tech, SaaS providers, real estate development, nonprofits and others, who are as committed to delivering high quality and long lasting interactive solutions. Headquartered in Denver, we are small and mighty and look forward to hearing from you.
FIRENT STUDIO is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for ALL. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic and true self.