HIRING: Interaction Designer & Developer
Fireant Studio is an interactive design and development agency in Denver, CO. We handle a wide range of custom digital projects and take extreme pride in what we do.
We’re looking for someone who can come in and immediately jump into our design and development processes. This is a hybrid position so the the ideal candidate will have experience both as a designer on a variety of digital projects and as a capable front-end developer.
So if have extensive experience in the web design / development world and you’re looking for a new opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Desired Skill Set:
- 3+ years of interactive / digital design experience
- Experience with front-end web design, wireframing, UI / UX design, and prototyping
- Familiarity with modern design tools and software such as: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InvisionApp (among others)
- The ability to present designs both internally and to clients
- A great understanding of typographic systems and the ability to make good typography judgements when it comes to assembling a family of fonts for a site
- An amazing portfolio (including digital work) for us to browse
- Experience designing or modifying existing WordPress themes
- The ability to edit, maintain, and alter files created by another designer
- Strong passion for pixel-precise design, organization, exploration, enhancement, design challenges, and technology
- Experience juggling multiple client and internal projects at once
- No ego when it comes to your design work: able to give and receive feedback easily
- The ability to mentally understand how a design will work responsively and be able to explain that to clients and developers
- Keen attention to detail
Primary Design Tasks and Requirements:
- Strategizing design aesthetics prior to building sites (creating mood boards, style tiles, and other low-investment pieces to effectively communicate the direction you want to go)
- Creating and/or modifying designs for websites
- Modifying the Illustrator / Sketch files for an existing website structure on a regular basis to duplicate it for new clients
- Creatively assessing, responding to, and implementing internal and client feedback to designs
- Developing and/or modifying wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity comps that effectively communicate interaction expectations and define development requirements
- Assist in content / asset prep and implementation
- Creating, editing, and maintaining the FIREANT brand (presentation files, Pages templates, internal projects, advertisements, etc)
Primary Development Tasks and Requirements:
- Creating the front-end styling for the designs you create
- Writing HTML, SASS, JS, PHP Hooks for WordPress
- Developing the mobile and tablet versions of a website after having only designing a Desktop version
- Assist in cross-browser testing and Quality Assurance
- Assist in bug-fixing and ongoing website maintenance
Ready to hit the ground running? This is a contract position with the opportunity to become full-time, available now! Check out our work and send us your information at email@example.com (resume and portfolio goodies requested).